I've considered posting monthly goals before - usually when reading posts by other bloggers (Tonia at Tonia's Roots and Tina at Gen Wish List are two that immediately come to mind). Now Stephanie at Corn and Cotton: My Family's Stories has started a new monthly meme called Motivation Monday which entails posting goals and accomplishments on the first Monday of each month. I'm going to give it a try.
Here's my first installment.
- Prepare for the ultimate research trip - a visit to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. I'll have three full days at The Library before Rootstech starts. I'm still figuring out what to work on but have started the process. With less than four weeks until I leave this task will take every minute I can find. (This is my first visit to FHL so any advice about how to prepare would be appreciated.)
- Attend 2nd Saturday Family History Workshop sponsored by Kentucky Genealogical Society and Kentucky Historical Society.
- Complete and submit lesson 4 of the NGS Home Study Course.
- Write 8 blog posts (this counts as one).
- None - focus this month will be devoted to prepping for FHL.
- Determine if I can get by in Salt Lake for a week of research and conferencing with just my Android tablet and phone. I've made a list of every function I can think of that I might need or want to do and have started testing the tablet's ability to perform those tasks. So far, it looks promising but I'm not finished testing. I've already used the tablet in research facilities so I know it will do the job at the library but when I tried that I was also traveling with a laptop that I used at night in the hotels.