Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FGS 2011 - I'm Here!

Finally! I arrived in Springfield just before noon and was pleasantly surprised that I could check into the hotel that early. After unpacking and grabbing a quick lunch, I set out on a walk. The Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Old Capitol and Lincoln Law Office are all within easy walking distance of the two main conference hotels (Hilton Springfield and President Abraham Lincoln Hotel) and the Prairie Capital Conference Center. 

Here's a look at the conference facilities.


Prairie Capital Convention Center

Prairie Capital Convention Center Entrance

Hilton Springfield

President Abraham Lincoln Hotel

Registration area undergoing last minute prep before opening.

The Exhibit Hall will no doubt look different by Thursday morning.

I'll be posting lots of photos here all week but there will be even more photos here


Disclosure: I am an Official Blogger for FGS 2011.





4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your adventure. Wishing I could be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you could check into the hotel early. Hopefully I will have the same luck tomorrow so that hubs can be squared away for the afternoon. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I'm excited to see all your posts about the conference! Thanks for sharing with those of us not attending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with Chris..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete