1) List your 16 great-great-grandparents with their birth, death and marriage data (dates and places). [Hint - you might use an Ancestral Name List from your software for this.]
2) Determine the countries (or states) that these ancestors lived in at their birth and at their death.
3) For extra credit, go make a "Heritage Pie" chart for the country of origin (birth place) for these 16 ancestors. [Hint: you could use the chart generator from Kid Zone for this.] [Note: Thank you to Sheri Fenley for the "Heritage Pie" chart idea.]
4. Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook or google+.
OK, so it's Monday morning but I'm on vacation and spent most of the weekend traveling.
Here is my list:
16. William Washington Lanier, son of James Lanier and Polly Smith, was born on 15 Mar 1813 in Jasper County, Georgia and died on 11 Feb 1892 in Fredonia, Chambers County, Alabama. He married Charlotte T. Jackson on 22 Oct 1835 in Meriwether County, Georgia.
17. Charlotte T. Jackson, daughter of Samuel W. Jackson and Lavinia Malone, was born on 15 Nov 1818 in Jasper County, Georgia and died on 26 Sep 1892 in Fredonia, Chambers County,
18. John T. Bennett, son of Lewis H. Bennett and Teresa [maiden name unknown], was born on 7 Feb 1831 in Edgefield District, South Carolina and died on 15 Mar 1910 in Morgan County, Alabama. He married Martha Lucinda Gamble [probably in Heard or Troup County, Georgia].
19. Martha Lucinda Gamble, daughter of David Gamble and Anna Finney, was born about 1830 in Laurens County, South Carolina and died between 1880 and 1900, probably in Alabama.
20. Albert Elvie Hankins, son of Houston G. Hankins and Mary Weeks, was born about 1838 in Hopkins County, Kentucky and died between 1863 and 1870 in Hopkins County. He married Isabella Jane Goodloe on 24 Oct 1855 in Hopkins County.
21. Isabella Jane Goodloe, daughter of John Emerson Goodloe and Eliza Ann Dobyns, was born on 27 Jan 1838 in Hopkins County, Kentucky and died on 23 Jul 1905 in Hopkins County.
22. John R. Petty was born about 1836 in Tennessee. He married Margaret E. Thomas on 20 Sep 1857 in Whitfield County, Georgia.
23. Margaret E. Thomas, daughter of Jesse Thomas and Rebecca [maiden name unknown], was born about 1836 in Georgia and died on 28 Jul 1876 in Hopkins County, Kentucky.
24. Stephen Wolfenbarger was born about 1838 in Virginia and died in 1863 in Tennessee.
25. Eliza Hopkins, daughter of Stephen Hopkins, Jr, and Rachel McFarland, was born on 22 Feb 1837 in Claiborne County, Tennessee and died on 16 Jan 1912 in Butler County, Missouri. [Eliza and Stephen were not married.]
26. John Covey Howard, son of John Howard and Mary Risner, was born on 6 Mar 1806 in Knox County, Kentucky and died on 20 Nov 1899 in Harlan County, Kentucky. He married Mary F. Morris on 10 Mar 1856 in Harlan County.
27. Mary F. Morris, daughter of Littleton Morris and Martha Mark, was born about 1830 in Harlan County, Kentucky and died between 1910 and 1920 in Harlan County.
28. James Francis Taylor was born on 8 Jul 1830 in Garrard County, Kentucky and died on 10 Jun 1894 in Rockcastle County, Kentucky. He married Margaret E. Ramsey on 11 Oct 1855 in Rockcastle County.
29. Margaret E. Ramsey, daughter of Thomas Ramsey, Jr. and Rhoda Ann Lavender, was born on 15 Nov 1840 in Rockcastle County, Kentucky and died on 23 Jun 1892 in Rockcastle County.
30. Madison Crawford Owens, son of Alfred Owens and Rebecca Mullins, was born on 4 Jun 1816 in Rockcastle County, Kentucky and died on 21 Mar 1920 in Rockcastle County. He married Cecilia Owens on 7 May 1863 in Rockcastle County.
31. Cecilia Owens, daughter of Wesley Owens and Louis A. Mullins, was born on 27 Apr 1839 in Rockcastle County, Kentucky and died on 18 Nov 1908 in Rockcastle County.
Born: Kentucky - 8, Georgia - 3, South Carolina - 2, Tennessee - 2, Virginia - 1
Died: Kentucky - 9, Alabama - 4, Missouri - 1, Tennessee - 1, unknown location - 1
Heritage Chart of Birth Places for 16 Great-Great-Grandparents