Friday, November 5, 2010

Atlanta Family History Expo - It's Almost Time!


This time next week I'll be sitting in a session at the Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Georgia! When I first started planning to attend the Atlanta Family History Expo it seemed so far away that it's hard to believe it's about time to think about packing.

I've looked at the schedule several times but still haven't decided for sure on which sessions to attend. There are just too many interesting topics! 

One thing I am really looking forward to is the Friday Night Event. M. Bridget Cook, author of "Shattered Silence, the Untold Story of a Serial Killer's Daughter" will be the speaker and her presentation is titled "Handling (and Even Healing) the Skeletons in Your Genealogical Closet." Now I don't have a serial killer (that I know of) in my genealogical closet but I do have a pretty big family skeleton in the not so distant past so this could not be a more interesting topic for me.

It's not too late to make plans to attend the Atlanta Family History Expo. Hope to see you there.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited about attending the Atlanta Family History Expo. It will be my first ever genealogy conference. I am looking forward to the opportunity to pick up some tips that will help in my research, as well as network with fellow genealogists. Like you, I'm having difficulty narrowing down which sessions I want to attend. I know there are a couple time slots in which I like more than one session. In fact, one time slot I want to go to all the sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you can join us at the Atlanta Family History Expo. We're going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to meeting you at the FHE.

    ReplyDelete