Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Same Birthday as Yours

This week's mission from Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings:

1)  Is there a person in your genealogy database that has the same birth date that you do?  If so, tell us about him or her - what do you know, and how is s/he related to you?
2)  For bonus points, how did you determine this?  What feature or process did you use in your software to work this problem out?  I think the Calendar feature probably does it, but perhaps you have a trick to make this work outside of the calendar function.
1.) There are four people in my database who share my birth date (month and day only, no one shares the full date). Two of them are still living so I'll skip them. The other two are:

Lucy Waller Goodloe and Jalia Tetitia Owens

Lucy was born 11 Nov 1805, the daughter of Henry Lewis Goodloe and Elizabeth Berry. She was the sister of my 3rd great-grandfather, John Emerson Goodloe, so she was my 3rd great-grandaunt. Lucy married Horace Pritchett on 1 Nov 1827 in Hopkins County, Kentucky and she died there on 11 Jun 1887.

Jalia was born 11 Nov 1833 in Rockcastle County, Kentucky, the daughter of Wesley Owens and Louis A. Mullins. She was the sister of my 2nd great-grandmother, Cecilia Owens, so she was my 2nd great-grandaunt. Jalia married Solomon Griffin around 1858 and she died on 14 Feb 1876 in Rockcastle County.

2.) My genealogy software of choice is Legacy Family Tree but I used a different process than Randy used to get my list.

     * Click on "Search" on the Toolbar.
     * On the "Detailed Search" tab select "Individual" (look for whom), "Birth Date"
        (where to look), "Contains" (how to look) and "11 Nov" (what to look for) and
        click "Create List.

For more about Lucy and Jalia, click on the links above. 


1 comment:

  1. No one in my tree has my birthday. The closest though is my grandfather...which I found out from his wwI draft card. He was jan.7th, I am jan.8th andmy son is jan. 6th.

    I liked your question...it was fun to look and see...even if there were no matches.

    Keep smilin
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete