Monday, May 10, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Matrilineal Line

Well, it's not Saturday night but just because I'm a little late doesn't mean I can't play (after all, I was traveling home from vacation over the weekend). This past Saturday Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings posted his weekly mission for some Genealogy fun

1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!

2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.


1) Here's my line going back to my 5th great-grandmother:
Me
Mom
Grandmother - Emma Ewers Taylor - 1900 - 1978; married Elmer Dennis Hopkins 
Great-Grandmother - Emma Jane Owens - 1882 - 1968; married John Cook Taylor 
2nd Great-Grandmother - Cecilia Owens - 1839 - 1908; married Madison Crawford Owens 
3rd Great-Grandmother - Louis A. Mullins - abt. 1802 - bef. 1860; married Wesley Owens 
4th Great-Grandmother - Mary King - bet. 1785-1795 - aft. 1860; married Spencer Mullins 
5th Great-Grandmother - Felicia Lewis - d. 1849; married Edward King 

2) I haven't had my mitochondrial DNA tested yet but it's on my To Do list. 

For more information on each grandmother, click the link in their name.




No comments:

Post a Comment