Saturday, February 6, 2010

Surname Saturday - Petty

Today's surname is Petty, the name of one of my great grandmothers. (I've included Ahnentafel numbers to make the relationships clearer.) This is going to be very short.

5. Verda Waller Hankins (my paternal grandmother)

11. Samantha Angeline Petty
Born 3 Apr 1861, Dalton, Whitfield County, Georgia
Married Thomas Leander Hankins 14 May 1879, Madisonville, Hopkins County, Kentucky
Died 7 Jan 1944, Madisonville, Hopkins County, Kentucky
Buried Grapevine Cemetery, Hopkins County, Kentucky

22. John R. Petty
Born abt. 1836, Tennessee
Married Margaret E. Thomas 20 Sep 1857, Whitfield County, Georgia
Date of death is unknown.

That's as far as I can take the Petty's for now. I've already written about this brick wall on 4 Jan 2010.

Click the links above for more information about each ancestor. If you are connected to this family, e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment